Naini Mata, Mother Goddess of Miracles



  
Last month, one morning I woke up with an intuition that a college friend, Rajat would be visiting Jaipur. He currently lives in America and it had been a long time since I had heard from him. Excitedly, I rushed an email to him that I am in Jaipur currently and I heard that he is coming here, and it would be nice if he came and stayed with me this time instead of a hotel where he usually stays during his many travels around the world. It would be an opportunity to catch up. A reply came that he was indeed coming to India in early April but not to Jaipur. Then few days later another excited email arrived from him,


Dear Ashok, thank you for wishing me luck. You are not only wise but possess some special powers because of meditating and being a yogi. A good evidence of that is I am coming to Jaipur for a book event on the 6th of April. Initially Jaipur was not on my schedule but magically it is now happening. Love to invite you to the function and call ch up (read catch up) with you after the event. I will send you the particulars as soon as I know. Thanks again for your thoughts. Warm regards Rajat

It was indeed a wonderful meeting that I have described in another blog reserved for the doings of our college friends, graduates of IIT Delhi (it is here)

Surprisingly, another intuition arrived today morning that he might be coming again to Jaipur soon, it was less clear this time since last few days have been rushed. For intuitions to be clear the mind has to be fully at peace and the heart full of bliss perhaps. However would hate to miss such an opportunity if it was indeed so. Therefore, immediately I rushed a similar invitation to him again. My concern though was if it was too soon the summer heat is presently on in Jaipur.  I suggested perhaps we could even make a quick visit to Nainital and seek blessings of Naini Mata the Mother Goddess of Miracles as well as enjoy the beautiful and refreshingly cool environs around Nainital.

Naini Mata is the name used for the form and appearance of the Great Mother Goddess in Nainital and she has a small shrine by the lake dedicated to her. Although, I have written about her in blogs and also a small book on her, perhaps the only one on her in English Language (see here) I have never before described her with that name. However, she is indeed a goddess of Miracles and I have described some that I personally experienced in an older post (see here). Many of those who visit her shrine to seek her blessings and thank her indeed receive what they might need miraculously. Like a loving mother who does not necessarily give to an infant what they ask but gives unasked what they might need most, Naini Mata does the same and when she does it, her generosity overflows with her love.

May Naini Mata – the Mother Goddess of Miracles - add love, peace and happiness in the lives of all who seek her blessings.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Babaji or Baba Haidakhan?

The Goddesses Nanda and Sunanda of Kumaon

Encounter with a Himalayan Mystic – Baba Haidakhan or Babaji

Jai Shiv Shankar – Spiritual Mantra from the Himalayas

The Abode of Shiva

The Rightful recognition of Nanda Devi East as Sunanda Devi